We all have the sames issues when implementing a social media presence: lack of time and resources. That’s not mentioning the many doubts that come with investing those on something that doesn’t have an instant return of investment. There are various steps that we need to be taking in order to be successful:
- Connect with the right people
- Share compelling content with your followers
- Turn followers into customers
- Measure the results
Tools can help us with that! Social media is ever-changing and we need to keep up with improvements and tools in order to conquer it.
A while back, Social Media Service and Tools guy, Ian Cleary, founder of RazorSocial join us on our #BizHeroes chat. Ian loaded us up with a bunch of time-saving tools, tips and best practices for our daily social media presence routine. It was an awesome chat and you can find the Chat Storify here.
I got inspired and decided to make a collection of the tools he talked about and some that really have been useful for myself. Here they are!
Social Media Presence:
Tools for engagement
1. Your blog: Attract your prospects to your product or service through a solid website. Ian’s own site, RazorSocial is a fantastic example of a platform with pull! In over just a year he has grown his traffic to more than 100,000 visitors monthly. Check it out and you’ll see why yourself.
If you don’t think you have the time or resource to deliver original content weekly, try our Curated Email Newsletter service.
4. With klear, you can analyse your Twitter followers and find influencers in your sector to better identify who you should be creating bonds with.
Tools for content success
3. Yoast WordPress plugin makes your SEO optimisation super easy. Make sure your posts are optimised for SEO. Choose a keyword and follow Yoast’s lead. Remember Ian’s words: SEO is not dead. It’s just that spammy SEO doesn’t work.
4. Well designed and thought out Infographics are great shareable content. Choose a story to tell and research the facts, then create nice images to tell it.
5. Questions! Asking questions on Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc. is always good for engagement.
6. Buffer allows you to keep your social networks full of content by helping you schedule for the best times and even re-schedule with their rebuffer feature.
7. Use Paper.li’s Social Media Agent to feed the best content our service finds on the web directly to your social media networks. We do the hardwork for ya!.
Tools for Conversion
Marketing automation tools are really powerful for lead nurturing. If used correctly, they can allow you to be present in social networks, sharing valuable content at all hours. Here are a few good ones to check out:
Tools for analyzing results
See any of your favorite tools missing? Drop us a line in the comments and let’s keep this list current, together!