I don’t know about you, but I love a good quote. It helps me focus on the task at hand and motivates me to be the best I can be.
In today’s post, I would like to share ten of my favorites for this year. It is my hope that they will give you good food for thought and inspire your weekend.
- “The productivity of a work group seems to depend on how the group members see their own goals in relation to the goals of the organization.” – Ken Blanchard (author and management expert)
- “Start with good people, lay out the rules, communicate with your employees, motivate them and reward them. If you do all those things effectively, you can’t miss.” – Lee Iacocca (automobile executive, former President and CEO of Chrysler)
- “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs (former co-founder, chairman, and CEO of Apple)
- “Luck is not chance, it’s toil; Fortune’s expensive smile is earned.” – Emily Dickinson (poet)
- “I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity.” ~ Oprah Winfrey (talk show host, actress, producer, and philanthropist)
- “Everyone has an invisible sign hanging from their neck saying, ‘make me feel important.’ Never forget this message when working with people.” – Mary Kay Ash (businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics)
- “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” ― Paul J. Meyer (founder of Success Motivation Institute)
- “The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.” – Stephen Covey (author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People)
- “Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things.” ~ Peter Drucker (management consultant, educator, and author)
- “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs… one step at a time.” – Joe Girard (Guinness Book of World Records’ greatest salesman in the world)
What are your favorite quotes? Share them in the comment section below.