We are excited to unveil an entirely new way of publishing the next edition of your Paper.li: by hand and at your convenience using a Content Draft.
Content Draft is more than a new feature. It is a new dimension in the paper creation process that brings together the best of two worlds — the power and intelligence of Paper.li’s content engine to surface topic relevant content with 100% absolute control over the publishing process, allowing you to create a new edition privately while your current edition is still online.
Content Draft is created with marketing and communication professionals in mind but is a perfect fit for anyone who needs absolute control over the selection, placement and sign-off of content before it is published.
Earlier this year, PR and Communications professional Alberto Guerrero was experimenting with Paper.li as a formal communication channel for F.C Barcelona’s Gerard Piqué.
Alberto loved the ease and power of Paper.li to surface the most relevant content shared by Gerard’s fans daily, but what he also needed was a way to preselect content for a each edition and the ability to publish at a time convenient with his travel schedule.
We asked Alberto to work with us to develop a solution that would suit his needs as well as the needs of our time-pressed communication professionals in the community, and Content Draft was born. You can view Gerard Piqué’s official Paper.li here!
Here’s an overview of Content Draft’s main features and benefits:
- Suggested Content Queue: we still save you time by fetching, analyzing and presenting the content sources you have selected, but you select which pieces of content appear in your next edition from a new content queue.
- Manual Content Placement: select each piece of content one-by-one or by bulk load multiple pieces of content at a time from the Queue. A simply drag and drop interface makes it easy. Each piece of content is labeled by topic so you know where it fits into your edition, however you can place it under the topic that suits you best.
- Offline Paper Creation: you assemble your next edition, offline, and at your convenience. Once you hit the publish button, your Draft becomes your current edition and your previous edition moves to the archives as usual.
- Flexible publishing: once a week, twice a week, every ten days, every thirty days or somewhere in between. You publish at your convenience. We’ll even store your Content Draft for you up to thirty days.
- Sticky editions: when you switch to Draft Mode your current edition becomes “sticky” and remains online while you create your edition publishes.
We’re really excited about Content Draft and hearing how it helps support your workflow. Leave us a comment with feedback and let us know your thoughts.