This new feature is included in our Pro package and offers publishers two ways to share content:
- share the Featured Article of the day with the image and text
- share the paper itself represented by the publisher’s cover image for the paper
A recent Social Media Examiner study reveals that regardless of how you slice and dice it marketers say the best performing platforms for doing business are Facebook and LinkedIn, with Facebook dominating the B2C space (68%) and LinkedIn the B2B space (33%).
Our community let us know that while the auto-post feature is a great help in keeping a supply of topic relevant content flowing to their communities, posting to timelines wasn’t enough. They also needed their content where they were building relationships outside of timelines: on Facebook pages and LinkedIn company pages.
Community members who are already using auto-post for their Linked or FB timelines also let us know that the most engagement (meaning interaction) taking place around their content is when they share a featured article, not the paper.li url. This makes a lot of sense: it is simply more inviting to comment on an article than a logo or cover image of a paper and it brings your reader back to your paper.
Here are a few additional tips to ensure that your community will be delighted with the content you are sharing:
- Revisit your content sources regularly to ensure that Paper.li is fetching only the most relevant content around around a topic
- Push your blog’s RSS to first position which will increase the changes of your next article making it into the Featured Article position.
- Create a custom message to accompany your post and change the messaging regularly
- Read your own paper. If you don’t think the content is spot-on, take a few extra minutes to groom your content and don’t promote it until you feel your content is ready to please!
Getting started with this great new feature is easy: sign-in to Paper.li, go to your Promotion & Emails tab and activate the platform and Page you’d like to promote content on.