image-bookmarklet-290x3001

We’ve made content curation even easier for you!

This nifty new tool enables publishers to instantly add any article, video or image to a current paper edition and automatically add new content from that same source to future editions the next time content is available!

Using “Publish it” is a breeze to install and works with all major browsers. Just drag and drop the +paper.li icon to your Bookmarks Bar and the next time you come across content of interest give it a click, and we’ll take care of the rest.

We think this is a really cool tool that’s going to make your job as publisher even easier. So go ahead – drag, drop and publish your favorite content, now! Paper.li

52 Responses to “Publish it! A new way to publish articles from anywhere on the web”

1. Kelly at Paper.li

Italian Reflections –

Drop and drag the Publish it bookmarklet to your favorites bar of your browser. The next time you find an article that you would like to add to a paper.li, just click on the Publish it button and we will automatically add that article to the Paper you indicate.

We will also give you the option to add that URL as a future source of content to a paper as well.

Hope this helps and good publishing!

• BrunoGebarski

hi Kelly, I just found out about Paper.Li a few days ago! This is going to overtake RSS feeds! Curation is the word for 2012! We have way too much information and I think this is an INCREDIBLE tool you are marketing here! This will go viral but watch out: Competition will be coming and is already there! Thank you for your kind contribution to the web world of information! Bruno

2. Kelly at Paper.li

Thanks for the feedback. Rodrigo, noted and by the way we have a lot of great features coming out the next weeks. Keep your eyes posted here on this blog!

d3dhemmer- drop us a line at support. We’d love to hear what went wrong so we can improve the experience for everyone. We always test on the most current browser versions out there ( no betas!) but we do miss things sometimes. Our tech team is human!

3. La Marie Morgane

I installed this new feature PUBLISH IT in my favorites. Unfortunately it worked only 2 or 3 times and all the same day. Before then and since then I get an error Internet Explorer cannot download, unspecified error.

I really enjoyed the few times it did work though. Any suggestions?

4. Brandon Williams

Great idea, but the “publish it” articles do not seem to get picked up and included in the email subscriptions for the period during which the articles were added – only the monitored, auto-collated articles show up in the notification.

5. Laurence

Would it possible to have an option to publish this new article only in the upcoming edition of the paper. I send out my paper only once a week and don’t want people to get updates every day. I want them to have an edition that summarizes what happened during the week…

6. Kelly at Paper.li

Hi Brandon, If you are still having issues drop us a line at support and we’ll take a look. http://support.paper.li

Laurence – Currently the Publish it feature ads content to current editions. That is an interesting request and I will pass it on.

Weekly editions in general do summarize the week that has passed. If you are publishing on Monday then we are fetching content based on your queries for the 7 days prior.

7. Massacremike

Maybe I’m losing it, but I don’t see the +paper.li icon anywhere that I’m supposed to drag and drop into my bookmark bar. I’m using Chrome on a MacBook Pro.

8. Kelly at Paper.li

The bookmarklet can be found on the right hand side of your screen where it says “Publish it” Drop and drag it to your favorites bar ( your favorites bar must be expanded!) . I hope this helps!

9. Moses Davis

My Paper.li Icon is not working any more. I made my first publication then it wouldn’t export stories to my paper any more. Any troubleshooting advice?

10. Jinah

I think I’m confused as to where to find the bookmarklet on this post page. I don’t see any icon (save for in the example browser image) that says “Publish.” The link following this article goes straight to Paper.li for me. Am I doing something wrong?

11. Kelly at Paper.li

Hi Jinah,

Try the link again. It should take you to the newsstand and on the right hand side of the screen you will see a Publish it tab. Click on it and the bookmarklet will appear. Drag and drop it in your favorites bar.

Let us know how it works!

12. ChazFrench

Hey love most of this idea. I would gladly use it, if it only added that article, and not added the source for future editions.

My paper.li is food oriented, and I’m particular about who my links come from.

Also, I’d prefer the option to post to current or next edition.

And I’ll add a comment on the commenting on this post. Down below this comment box it has “Comment As” My paper.li account isn’t one of the options. Serious.li? You’d rather my post come from my Google, LiveJournal,Wordpress, AIM (AIM???? isn’t that dead?) than be posted under my paper.li name?

That is just bad business on your end.

13. Marco Brambilla

I really can’t see the “publish it” icon in the page at all.
    I’ve repeatedly tried to open the page on different browsers, but nothing appears.
    Should it appear in the post or in the right-hand side bar?
    The icons I see in the page are: “The blog” “Tweet” “Paper.li” “mashable awards, vote for us”.
    Can’t you simply put a link to the bookmarklet in the post or in a comment?
    Thanks!

14. Brendan

I, too, had to struggle a bit to see how to install this bookmarklet, so, in the hopes that passing along what I learned may be helpful to others (Firefox users, at least) …

1. Click the link at the end of the blog post.

2. On the new page, you should see “New! Publish It” as a tab stuck to the right-hand edge of the screen. If you don’t see it, log into paper.li.

3. Make sure your bookmarks toolbar is visible. If not, right-click somewhere in the navigation toolbar (right on the Home icon is fine) and click the “Bookmarks Toolbar” entry in the pop-up menu.

4. Click that “Publish It” tab. A little window slides out. Drag the bookmarklet from that little window up to the Bookmarks toolbar.

If that seems less than clear, I made a one-minute screencast (silent movie) of the above steps, which you can see on YouTube: youtube.com/watch?v=M7xq_F-uJMA. Going full-screen is advised. Sorry about the blurriness, but I think you can make out what’s going on.

hth

15. Ronae

I cannot find a bookmarklet anywhere?? I’ve read through all the comments twice and clicked on everything clickable… Using Chrome / windows XP.

16. ChristineAgro

I love this Kelly – I publish a paper called FEMNews From Around The World – it is a collection of stories for, by and about women around the world. And this makes it super easy to source information and add it to my paper.

One thing I am noticing is that the paper isn’t refreshing daily – new articles are added, but old aren’t archiving. You can see it here http://paper.li/ChristineAgro/1309646392 Any thoughts?

17. Kelly at Paper.li

Christine,

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the service. If a paper goes without a view for four days we put the update to manual. From time to time there can be technical issues or 3rd party issues that can delay an update, but that doesn’t happen too often.

Drop us a line at support and we would be happy to look into further. You can reach support at support@paper.li

18. Brendan

Y/W and thank you, Kelly.

(P.S. Good thing I double-checked on the spelling of your name. Surprised paper.li hasn’t required you to change it. ;))

19. Afat Qiamat

Ok
    1- Log In into paper.li
    2- Click the Newsstand icon
    3- on the next page , you will see a vertical Publish It icon on the right side …click it’
    and you will get the marklet , with instructions to drag n drop it to the bookmark toolbar.

hope it helps

does it works..?? I have yet to try .

• TPMS Sensors

I’ve tried FF, IE and Chrome but still can’t see the icon. I had the marklet installed on FF and IE but when I changed my Twitter name it stopped working. I deleted the marklet, dumped cache and refreshed page but still can’t see the icon on the newsstand page to reinstall it.

20. Kelly at Paper.li

SoCoolBob – Glad to hear it!

Yorum – Glad the instructions helped.

Douglas – We don’t have an iPad app yet – it’s web browsing for now. Stay tuned though!

Karthik – Noted and thanks for your feedback. We have had some other requests as well.

21. Kelly at Paper.li

update: The publisher button has moved! We’ve given it a new home on the Content Tab under your paper settings.

Additionally, the button can be seen when publishers create a new paper. Let us know if you have any issues locating it. We’re here to help.

22. Books Tell You Why

This is very very cool. I wish there was a way to define a “life time” for articles added that way as some contribution should make it into the paper for more than just the remaining house until the next refresh.

23. Kelly at Paper.li

Hi Books Tell You Why,

we are working on a bunch of great new features, one of which will be a “sticky” feature that enables articles to remain for a longer period of time.

Stay tuned!

24. Maggie Magnumasi

I’m just not getting this to publish the story. I’ve got the bookmarklet. I press it and it’s window opens. I select the story I want by checking it, then clicking “add to paper”. I go back to my paper; that article does not appear ther. I try updating my paper.li and still it does not appear.