mobile_app-300x2171

Paper.li is now optimized for iPhones, iPods and Android phones. Browse your favorite Paper.lis with your smartphone and experience a completely redesigned interface! (Reading this post with your Smartphone? Check this Paper.li to view the difference)

Our new mobile site will make users’ content discovery more enjoyable and enable faster browsing.

Currently the new mobile version is optimized only for reading Paper.li papers. Optimization of the Paper.li Newsstand and profile pages is under way, along with the inclusion of other smartphones and tablet devices.

One of the core facets of our philosophy is that the consumption of content should be relevant, pleasurable and accessible to everyone.  Our improved mobile layout achieves this and provides for a great content consumption experience without complexity. This is just a first step of many to come that will elevate the mobile experience for the Paper.li community.

For those of you asking “Why not a native app ?” We do have plans for apps and think that they will be very useful to our micro-publishing community. Until then, we want to offer viewers a far better way to discover content on their mobile phones than they previously could.

Paper.li Mobile is a work in progress and we’d love to hear your feedback. Drop us a line and tell us what you think about this new interface, what makes (or breaks!) great mobile apps in your opinion and what would be useful for you.

21 Responses to “Paper.li Optimized for Smartphones”

1. mfc555

Works fine on my HTC Desire, although scrolling is a bit jerky. Please don’t forget WP7, it’s so much better for day to day use than Android or iOS.

2. Ioannis S. Pantelidis

Great I wonder if you could have an option where you can chose how often you wish the paper to update. Currently it has daily, twice a day and weekly. I find daily too much and weekly too few to keep the interest. I would love an option that would allow update every other day, or where you can chose specific days of the week…

3. Aaron + Alaine

Seems to work great on WebOS devices. If you’re going to do native apps, encourage you to start with WebOS, particularly the Touchpad. User base is going to grow and developing an app for it as well as getting attention to it is a lot easier than getting traction in the IOS ecosystem, because its smaller presently.

4. Kelly at Paper.li

Hi Ioannis,
    More control over scheduling is on our list! Thanks for the feedback.

Petter- we will be working on optimizing for the IPad, but I am not getting that message. I can view with Safari, but it’s not yet optimized, true. We’ll be working on that!

Acheslow – We’ll work on that ;)

5. Jim Poland

The DailyNet by @JimPolandcom says ~ ~ ~

FANTASTIC!

I have an BlackBerry phone & generic android tablet, so keep the improvements coming.

Coach Jim

6. Kelly at Paper.li

Michelle, we are looking into that. I don’t have timelines for you, but we will keep our community posted on the progress.

Jim, tablets are on our list to optimize for the near future. We’ll let you know.

7. lora

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already ;) Cheers!
    voyance , tarot

8. Rob McCracken

I am trying to be a new paper.li pubkisher but I do most of my work on Android tablets and smartphines. If I have to use my laptop to publish or repurpose content I am probably gone. Help?