fb-paper-300x1741

We have just released the possibility to create Facebook Papers. A first step in working with Facebook data, so any feedback (comments below) will be appreciated!

For now, you can create Papers based on a search of all public posts on Facebook (this means posts from people that have set their profile/wall to ‘public’). It is a bit like a Twitter tag Paper, but for Facebook… Facebook currently supports only very basic keyword searches on public posts – so a paper based on the search ‘climate energy’ will find all posts containing both words – Paper.li then extracts all links, videos and photos, analyzes them, ranks them and creates the paper in a similar fashion to Twitter papers. So try it out, and tell us what you think…

This is an initial step in enabling further content sources for the creation of automated personalized newspapers. Many more to follow…

Want to try it now ? Browse Paper.li, click “Create a Newspaper” and follow the Facebook Papers instructions.

18 Responses to “Facebook newspapers on Paper.li”

1. SoFlo Tampa

I think something that’s missing from both the Twitter and Facebook newspapers are simple comments. With Twitter you could show tweets(without links) that have been retweeted many times. With Facebook you could show posts that had many comments or likes.

2. lindsay

Individual, private users may be a challenge for you, but what about ‘pages’? A public page that I “like” posts a dozen links a day. It would be nice to have better access to them. Please, please?
    I’ve already created one fb paper, and it seems really great – but with the rudimentary search, it’s hard to really get all the content that I probably would like on one page.

3. chris

This looks very promising – is there a way to create the paper from a page rather than a profile? I have my personal profile and a business page.

4. Manjot Singh

sir I managed to publish posts of twitter but in concern of facebook my posts were not publishing. If I used word wildlife all related posts published but not mine.

5. Carlos T

Yes. A private newspaper of ones facebook news feed is needed. For those that follow 300+ brands, and subscribe to many people, they need a more efficient way to consume the fire hose of content.

I would increase my fb engagement by liking more pages, and subscribing to more updates if I had this feature.

6. Elizabeth J. Neal

We are also looking into other possibilities with Facebook – such a creating Papers for individual users. But that would mean Papers that can be viewed only by the Facebook user (i.e. private), and we wonder if people need/want a different way to look at their Facebook wall – so here again, tell us what you think! hacker un compte facebook